Friday, July 4, 2014

Engine with Transmission Removal

I needed to replace the clutch and there were a lot of oil leaks so I decided to pull the engine and spruce it up a little.

I followed the instructions in the Haynes manual mostly but I also removed the alternator and intake manifold for extra visibility.

I used the factory lifting eye on the passenger's side cam cover and I used one of the intake manifold studs on the other side. I know some people like to use a cylinder head bolt but that just sounds ridiculous to me. If it were a rare Ferrari V12, would you remove a cylinder head bolt just to remove/install the engine in the car? No. So why should it be any different for any other car.

I didn't remove the shifter extension housing. I used the 1 ton setting on my 2 ton crane and used a leveler. I had the front of the car on the ground and the rear of the car raised slightly using axle stands.

Was a pretty easy job overall. Felt almost like cheating compared to some of the other cars I've worked on.


Lots of clean up to look forward too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment